Ever wondered what’s it like to sleep on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years of an old tropical rainforest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Superior Houseboat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 40 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will participate in different activities, such as trekking, visiting natives, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
The Superior houseboat can accommodate a maximum of 40 people – suitable for large group of friends, company trips, families.
This cruise experience will last three (3) days and two (2) night’s.
The houseboat can cater a number of activities decided by you! If you are a fishing enthusiast, the captain will adjust the route in areas that are suitable to catch fishes.
The houseboat have a length of 73 meters and a width of 40. Can host up to 40 people (twin, triple sharing and double Decker rooms). Bathrooms to share and bedrooms with fan. In addition, the houseboat have relaxation areas (both indoor and outdoor), television area, kitchen and a control room. When on board, you will be attended by the crew and a chief to ensure that the cruise goes as smoothly as possible and that all your needs are catered for.
The boat will stop after sunset and you will spend one night sleeping in the middle of the Temenggor lake, entirely surrounded by the pristine forest and a starry sky. Waking up by the sole sounds of the rain forest, it’s a special experience which you wouldn’t want to miss! On occasions, you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Throughout the whole trip, it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles or hornbills.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor lake.
|13:00||Meet & greet the staff and move from the public jetty.|
|13:15||Start the cruise and lunch is served.|
|15:00||Move to Orang Asli settlement and visit the village.|
|17:00||Jungle Trekking to Rafflesia sighting.|
|19:00||Dinner served on board.|
|20:00||Karaoke session & free time at leisure.|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities.
|11:00||Trekking to the salt lick at Jenut Papan.|
|13:00||Lunch served on board.|
|15:00||Trekking to Kelah habitat and visit waterfall Ruok.|
|17:00||Free time at leisure.|
|19:00||Barbecue dinner served on board.|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll cruise back to the jetty.
|09:00||Free time at leisure.|
|12:00||Estimated time arrival to the jetty.|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day, as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise ends and by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- all houseboats provide a basic comfort level which is fairly good, but different than an hotel. There are only fans on board, no air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although, all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew to watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring on board items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. As the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- only bring with you the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served on board and not recommended to bring some; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring it by yourself.