Ever wondered what’s it like to cruise on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years of an old tropical rain forest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Blue-fern boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 36 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will enjoying a tea and admiring the sunset of Temenggor, and even karaoke!
Sunset cruise is a two hours houseboat ride while enjoying a tea and admiring the sunset of Temenggor.
The Temenggor nature reserve is located at the lower part of Belum-Temenggor forest complex.
The sunset cruise will start in the late afternoon at Pulau Banding public jetty.
During the houseboat cruise at low speed, you will enjoy a hot tea or coffe while admiring the silence of the jungle and the lake. With a bit of luck, you could spot some wildlife animals and birds. On the way back to the public jetty, you will enjoy the sunset.
The Blue-fern houseboat can accommodate a maximum of 36 people – suitable for large group of friends, company trips and families.
Boats have facilities on board, such as: relaxation areas, 06 common bathroom, a kitchen, where the staff will prepare your tea break, and even karaoke sound system, in case you and your friends want to sing before going to sleep in the evening.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|16:30||Meet & greet the staff and move from the public jetty.|
|17:00||The houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor lake.|
|17:30||Tea break will be served.|
|18:30||Karaoke session & free time at leisure.|
|19:00||Estimated time arrival back to public jetty.|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise due the regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- all houseboats provide a basic comfort level which is fairly good, but different than an hotel. There are only fans on-board, no air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although, all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew to watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring on board items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. As the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- only bring with you the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served on board and not recommended to bring some; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring it by yourself.