Ever wondered what’s it like to sleep on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years of an old tropical rain forest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The White Orchid boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 12 persons (Max. 10 due SOP’s) – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will participate in different activities, such as trekking, visiting natives, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
The white orchid houseboat can accommodate a maximum of 12 peoples (Max. 10 due SOP’s) – suitable for large group of friends, company trips, families.
This cruise experience will last two (2) days and one (1) night.
This particular houseboat has a length of 48 meters and a width of 28 meters. Cabins are on the ground and first floor.
The houseboat can cater a number of activities decided by you! If you are a fishing enthusiast, the captain will adjust the route in areas that are suitable to catch fishes. There’s also the option to have bamboo rafts instead of “modern” kayaks. Normally, you paddle on bamboo rafts while standing on it, a bit like a Venetian gondoliere!
Boats have facilities on board, such as a kitchen, where the staff will prepare barbecue meals or serve you breakfast, and even karaoke, in case you and your friends want to sing before going to sleep in the evening. The boat will halt after sunset and you will spend one night sleeping in the middle of Temenggor lake, entirely surrounded by the pristine forest and a starry sky. Waking up at the sole sounds of the rain forest, it’s altogether a special experience on its own you don’t want to miss! On some occasions you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Through the whole trip, it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles, sometimes hornbills.
Houseboat will depart from Belum rainforest resort jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|14:00||Meet & greet the staff and move from the public jetty.|
|16:00||Visit a orang asli village settlement.|
|16:30||Cruise to Sg. Ruok & Tea break.|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities and finally head back to Pulau Banding to conclude your trip.
|07:00||Wake up at the sound of rainforest, perhaps you will have a chance to hear gibbon calls, and surely those of many birds that populate the area.|
|07:30||Breakfast is served.|
|09:30||Trekking to Sg. Ruok waterfall;|
|12:00||Estimated time of arrival back to jetty in Pulau Banding, which terminates the cruise experience.|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day, as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise ends and by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- all houseboats provide a basic comfort level which is fairly good, but different than an hotel. There are only fans onboard, no air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries and towels.
- although, all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew to watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring onboard items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. As the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- only bring with you the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served onboard and not recommended to bring some; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring it by yourself.