Ever wondered what’s it like to sleep on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years of an old tropical rainforest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Blue-fern boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 36 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will participate in different activities, such as trekking, visiting natives, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
The Blue-fern houseboat can accommodate a maximum of 36 people – suitable for large group of friends, company trips, families.
This cruise experience will last three (3) days and two (2) night’s.
The houseboat can cater a number of activities decided by you! If you are a fishing enthusiast, the captain will adjust the route in areas that are suitable to catch fishes.
This houseboat can host a maximum of 36 peoples divided in 9 rooms. 7 Queen bed + Double-Decker bed (28) and 2 room with double – Decker (8). The houseboat in addition to the bedrooms with fan has relaxation areas and 06 common bathroom.
Boats have facilities on board, such as a kitchen, where the staff will prepare barbecue meals or serve you breakfast, and even karaoke, in case you and your friends want to sing before going to sleep in the evening. The boat will halt after sunset and you will spend two nights sleeping in the middle of Temenggor lake, entirely surrounded by the pristine forest and a starry sky.
Waking up at the sole sounds of the rain forest, it’s altogether a special experience on its own you don’t want to miss! On some occasions you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Through the whole trip, it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles, sometimes hornbills.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|13:00||Meet & greet the staff and move from the public jetty.|
|13:15||Lunch and start the cruise.|
|15:00||Move to Orang Asli settlement.|
|17:00||Trekking to waterfall Kooi & Jungle Trekking to Rafflesia sighting.|
|19:30||Dinner served on board.|
|20:00||Karaoke session & free time at leisure.|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities.
|07:00||Wake up at the sound of rainforest, perhaps you will have a chance to hear gibbon calls, and surely those of many birds that populate the area.|
|07:30||Breakfast served on board.|
|11:00||Trekking to the salt lick at Jenut Papan.|
|13:00||Lunch served on board.|
|15:00||Trekking to Kelah habitat and visit waterfall Ruok.|
|17:00||Free time at leisure.|
|20:00||Karaoke session & free time at leisure.|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll cruise back to the jetty.
|10:00||Free time at leisure.|
|12:00||Estimated time arrival to the jetty|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day, as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise ends and by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- all houseboats provide a basic comfort level which is fairly good, but different than an hotel. There are only fans onboard, no air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although, all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew to watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring onboard items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. As the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- only bring with you the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served onboard and not recommended to bring some; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring it by yourself.