Ever wondered what’s it like sleeping on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years old tropical rainforest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Deluxe boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 20 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will engage in different activities, such as trekking, visit native people, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
This is the perfect tour for a group of maximum of 20 people on board.
This cruise experience lasts two (2) days and one (1) night. The cruise starts from Pulau Banding, a small islet located in the middle of Belum and Temenggor forestry area.
The houseboat has a length of 70 meters and a width of 30. Can host up to 20 people (10 twin sharing rooms). Bathrooms to share and bedrooms with air conditioning.
In addition, the houseboat have relaxation areas (both indoor and outdoor), television area, kitchen and the control room. When on board, you will be attended by the crew and a chef to ensure the cruise goes as smoothly as possible and all your needs are catered for. Our chefs can prepare barbecue meals, serve you breakfast, and even prepare food for karaoke, in case you and your friends want to sing your hearts out into the night.
The boat will stop after sunset and you will spend one night sleeping in the middle of Temenggor lake, entirely surrounded by the pristine forest and a starry sky. Waking up at the sole sounds of the rain forest, it’s a special experience which you wouldn’t want to miss! On occasions, you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Throughout the whole trip, it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles or hornbills.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|14:00||Meet our staff at the public jetty|
|15:00||Welcome Drink and Introductions Royal Belum by guide|
|16:00||Visit Orang Asli settlement|
|17:00||Move to Sungai Ruok; Afternoon Tea Break on the Houseboat deck
|18:00||Bamboo Rafting Activity at the lake|
|19:00||Free Activities while watching the Sunset|
|20:00||BBQ Dinner at the houseboat deck and Karaoke session/ overnight at houseboat|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities and finally head back to Pulau Banding to conclude your trip.
|07:00||Wake up at the sound of rainforest, perhaps you will have a chance to hear gibbon calls, and surely those of many birds that populate the area.|
|07:30||Breakfast is served.|
|09:00||Houseboat moving to Sg rouk Area|
|10:00||Trekking to the ruok waterfall (having fun to swim with the fish)|
|12:00||Lunch on the Houseboat deck|
|12:30||Get back to HouseBoat, moving out from the Royal Belum State Park|
|14:00||Estimate time arrival at the public jetty|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise ends and by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- this houseboat provide a good comfort level which is similar than an hotel on land. There are twin sharing room with air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on the boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew will watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring onboard items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- all of the above activities are subject to weather conditions.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. Although the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat for rain and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- bring with you only the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served onboard and not recommended to bring; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring by yourself.