Ever wondered what’s it like to sleep on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years of an old tropical rainforest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Junior Superior boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 30 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will participating in different activities, such as trekking, visiting the natives, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
This is the perfect tour for a group of maximum of 30 people on board.
This cruise experience lasts for two (2) days and one (1) night. It starts from Pulau Banding, a small islet located in the middle of Belum and Temenggor forestry areas.
The houseboat have a length of 73 meters and a width of 40. Hence , it can host up to 30 people (twin, triple sharing and double Decker rooms). Bathrooms to share and bedrooms with fan. In addition, the houseboat have relaxation areas (both indoor and outdoor), television area, kitchen and a control room. When on board, you will be attended by the crew and the chief to ensure that the cruise goes as smoothly as possible and that all your needs are catered for.
The boat will stop after sunset. You will spend one night sleeping in the middle of Temenggor lake, entirely surrounded by the pristine forest and a starry sky. Waking up by the sole sounds of the rainforest. It’s a special experience which you wouldn’t want to miss! On occasions, you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Throughout the whole trip, it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles or hornbills.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|13:00||Meet your crew and start the cruise. A refreshment is served.|
|14:30||Trekking to spot the Rafflesia flower at waterfall Sg kooi|
|16:00||Back to houseboat / Having a coffee & tea brake|
|17:00||Visit the orang asli village|
|18:00||Free and easy|
|19:00||BBQ Dinner & karaoke session|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities and finally head back to Pulau Banding to conclude your trip.
|07:00||Wake up at the sound of rainforest, perhaps you will have a chance to hear gibbon calls, and surely those of many birds that populate the area.|
|08:00||Breakfast is served.|
|09:00||Houseboat moving to Sg rouk Area|
|10:00||Trekking to the ruok waterfall (having fun to swim with the fish)|
|12:30||Get back to HouseBoat, moving out from the Royal Belum State Park|
|16:00||Estimate time arrival at the public jetty|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time for the departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day, as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise end. And, by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- this houseboat provides a basic comfort level which is similar to a hotel on land. There are triple sharing and double Decker room with fan. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on the boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into the water (do not expect the crew will watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or preparing your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring on board items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten the boat stability and the safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. Although the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat, a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- bring with you only a minimum of luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use during the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served on board and not recommended to bring; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring it by yourself.