An half day excursion to get the best parts of Temenggor nature reserve in a single, convenient trip. A similar experience to the full day excursion in Temenggor but made shorter for those who do not want to want to trek for very long in the forest or are transiting Belum Temenggor area on their way to Penang, Ipoh or Kelantan and have less time in their hands.
Besides cruising the Temenggor lake, many of the full day activities are included also in this itinerary. You will do jungle trekking, have the opportunity to bathe in a waterfall in the midst of a tropical rainforest, take your chances in spotting the Rafflesia flower and visit one village of a local aboriginal people. Packed lunches are included in your tour as well.
The itinerary and schedule of this excursion is similar to Discover the beauty of Temenggor. Tailored to be shorter in time without giving up the quality of your experience in Temenggor. You may consider this trip if you need to get back to Pulau Banding by early afternoon.
The excursion will start in the morning at Pulau Banding jetty, where your local nature guide will be waiting for you. You’ll proceed by boat over lake Temenggor for a short trekking in the attempt to spot specimen of blooming Rafflesia flower. The life cycle of the Rafflesia is hard to predict therefore it can’t be guaranteed you will see the flower fresh and open.
After the first short trek you will proceed to Kampung Chuweh, an Orang Asli (aboriginal people) settlement. The Orang Asli have different villages located at the edges of the rain forest. This particular clan lives rather close to a jetty which is treated as a small trading outpost. You can visit the village and, if you wish so, leave gifts or tokens of appreciation for their hospitality. You don’t have to make a money donation, but useful household items or clothing will be sincerely appreciated by the local community.
The excursion will make a last stop at Nam waterfall. To reach the waterfall you will have to trek for about 20 minutes in the rainforest along Sungai Nam (river Nam). There are at least three crossings there and your feet may get wet during the wettest months. Once you reach Nam waterfall you can stop by for a swim in the natural pool surrounded by tall trees and thick vegetation. As soon as you are finished there, you will be taken back to Pulau Banding.
The motor boats used in this trip have their top covered, so you won’t get wet in case of rain and you won’t get sunburn during sunny days. Life jackets are provided on board. The boats can accommodate a maximum of 06 people per boat, therefore if your group is a particularly large one, you may have to split in two or more crafts.
Thought the whole itinerary you will be guided and assisted by a knowledgeable and licensed, local nature guide. As with the other activities and tours, the guide will speak English and Malay language.
If you are in need of an interpreter you may contact us and we will try our best to accommodate your requests and needs.
Journey starts in Pulau Banding, please be punctual.
|09:30||Meet your nature guide and start the cruise in Temenggor.|
|10:00||Short trekking to the Rafflesia flowering area.|
|11:00||Visit the natives village of Kampung Chuweh.|
|12:30||Trek along Sungai Nam river and reach the waterfall. You may bathe in the waterfall pool and have your packed meal.|
|14:30||Return back to the jetty.|
Note & recommendation:
- it is not guaranteed to spot the blooming Rafflesia due his short life cycle. Therefore it is subject of availability and your luck.
- if major instances should occur the place visited could be replaced
- all excursion mentioned above are based on S.I.C (Sharing Basis) and minimum two person.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for outdoors; mosquito/insect repellent, salt or a lighter for leeches (although they’re easy to remove with just your hands); bring a raincoat (a disposable one will do), a hat and, in case you plan to bathe in the waterfall, swimwear.
- to bring with you only a small bag with the strictly necessary items for the excursion. If you have a large baggage please consider to leave it in a luggage storeroom in the hotel/resort where you stay (most will be kind enough to keep your luggage even after you have checked out).
- if you wish, may bring something to donate to Orang Asli Village (useful gift is really appreciate, kindly avoid candy and sweets for the children).
- to book this tour at least two (2) weeks in advance since is required a entry permit and camera from the state park management.