An half day excursion to get the best parts of Temenggor nature reserve in a single, convenient trip. A similar experience to the full day excursion in Temenggor but made shorter for those who do not want to want to trek for very long in the forest or are transiting Belum Temenggor area on their way to Penang, Ipoh or Kelantan and have less time in their hands.
Besides cruising the Temenggor lake, many of the full day activities are included also in this itinerary. You will do jungle trekking, have the opportunity to bathe in a waterfall in the midst of a tropical rainforest, take your chances in spotting the Rafflesia flower and visit one village of a local aboriginal people. Packed lunches are included in your tour as well.
The itinerary and schedule of this excursion is similar to Discover the beauty of Temenggor. Tailor to be shorter in time without giving up the quality of your experience in Temenggor. You may consider this trip if you need to get back to Pulau Banding by early afternoon.
The excursion will start in the morning where our nature guide will meet you. Start the tour with a short trekking in an attempt to spot a blooming Rafflesia. The life cycle of the Rafflesia is short therefore we cannot guarantee that you will see it open.
After the first trek, proceed to Kampung Chuweh, an Orang Asli (native people) settlement. The natives have different villages located at the edges of the rainforest. They live close to a jetty which is treated as a small trading outpost. You will visit the village and, if you wish so, leave gifts or tokens of appreciation for their hospitality. Monetary donation is not recommended, instead donate useful household item or clothing.
The excursion will make a last stop at Nam waterfall. To reach the waterfall you have to trek for about 20 minutes in the rain forest along Sungai Nam (river Nam). During the wettest month your feet might get wet crossing the streams. Once you reach the waterfall you can have a swim in the natural pool surrounded by tall trees and thick vegetation. As soon as you are finish, you will be taken back to Pulau Banding.
Motorboats used have their top covered, so you won’t get wet or sunburn. Life jackets are provided on board. The boats can accommodate a maximum of 06 people per boat, therefore if your group is a particularly large one, you may have to split in two or more crafts.
Our licensed local nature guide will guide and assist you during the tour. As with the other activities and tours, the guide will speak English and Malay language.
If you are in need of an interpreter you may contact us and we will try our best to accommodate your requests and needs.
Journey starts in Pulau Banding, please be punctual.
|09:30||Meet your nature guide and start the cruise in Temenggor.|
|10:00||Short trekking to the Rafflesia flowering area.|
|11:00||Visit the natives village of Kampung Chuweh.|
|12:30||Trek along Sungai Nam river and reach the waterfall. You may bathe in the waterfall pool and have your packed meal.|
|14:30||Return back to the jetty.|
Note & recommendation:
- it is not guaranteed to spot the blooming Rafflesia due his short life cycle. Therefore it is subject of availability and your luck.
- if major instances should occur the place visited could be replaced
- all excursion mentioned above are based on S.I.C (Sharing Basis) and minimum two person.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for outdoors; mosquito/insect repellent, salt or a lighter for leeches (although they’re easy to remove with just your hands); bring a raincoat (a disposable one will do), a hat and, in case you plan to bathe in the waterfall, swimwear.
- to bring with you only a small bag with the strictly necessary items for the excursion. If you have a large baggage please consider to leave it in a luggage storeroom in the hotel/resort where you stay (most will be kind enough to keep your luggage even after you have checked out).
- if you wish, may bring something to donate to Orang Asli Village (useful gift is really appreciate, kindly avoid candy and sweets for the children).
- to book this tour at least two (2) weeks in advance since is required a entry permit and camera from the state park management.