Ever wondered what’s it like sleeping on a boat in the middle of a large lake embracing a thousands years old tropical rainforest in South East Asia? Take a cruise to Temenggor lake on a typical houseboat!
The boat is fully equipped with facilities and trained crew, solely for you and your group. The Basic boat have comfortable cabins and can accommodate up to 20 persons – making it ideal for your family, group of friends or company members.
During the cruise you will engage in different activities, such as trekking, visit native people, swimming in a waterfall and lake, fishing, BBQ under the stars, and even karaoke!
This is the perfect tour for a large group of 20 people. The houseboat has been specially built for the purpose of transporting guests.
This cruise experience will last (2) days and (1) night, to be spent on board of a basic houseboat. The cruise will start from Pulau Banding, the small islet located in the middle of Belum and Temenggor forestry areas.
Many activities are available in and out of water, such as trekking, visit native village, spot waterfalls, fishing and karaoke.
Boats have facilities onboard, such a kitchen, where the staff will prepare your meals. Even karaoke, in case you and your friends want to sing before going to sleep in the evening. The boat will halt after sunset and you will spend one night sleeping in the middle of Temenggor lake. Waking up at the sole sounds of the rain forest it’s altogether a special experience on its own you don’t want to miss! On some occasions you may even spot elephants at dusk (although this is a rare occurrence) or hear gibbon calls. Through the whole trip it is more common to spot large birds, such as eagles, sometimes horn-bills.
The houseboat has a length of 48 meters and a width of 28, and it can host up to 20 people (6 cabins divided by quad rooms) – bathrooms to share. In addition to the bedrooms the houseboat has relaxation areas (both indoor and outdoor), small and basic kitchen and the control room. When on board you will be attended by the skipper, the chef and the guide.
Houseboat will depart from the public jetty in Pulau Banding. You will meet there with the boat captain and crew. After greeting and accommodating yourselves in the cabins, the houseboat will start the cruise toward Temenggor.
|09:00||Meet your crew and start the cruise|
|11:30||Trekking to spot the Rafflesia flower at waterfall Sg kooi|
|13:00||Back to houseboat / Having Lunch & move to asli village|
|14:00||Visit the orang asli village|
|16:30||Free and easy|
|19:00||BBQ Dinner & karaoke session|
Your day will start by waking up in the middle of Temenggor lake, at the sound of the forest. After breakfast, you'll continue the cruise a bit, enjoy further activities and finally head back to Pulau Banding to conclude your trip.
|10:00||Moving to the ruok waterfall (having fun to swim with the fish)|
|12:00||Get back to HouseBoat, moving out from the Royal Belum State Park|
|16:00||Estimate time arrival at the public jetty|
Please have in mind:
- please be on time on departure; if you delay your departure, the captain may be unable to allow extra hours of cruise the next day as another group may have rented the boat after your cruise ends and by regulations he needs to follow the planned schedule.
- all houseboats provide a basic comfort level which is fairly good, but different than an hotel on land. There are only fans onboard, no air conditioning. The toilets are shared, the showers do not have hot water. You need to bring your own toiletries.
- although all houseboats comply with safety regulations and have safety jackets, you need to be extra careful while on the boat – no matter how an expert swimmer you are – and you need to be especially vigilant over your children as they may fall into water (do not expect the crew will watch over your kids all the time as they are also busy piloting the boat or prepare your meals).
- it is forbidden to bring onboard items that are particularly flammable or explosive or anything that may threaten boat stability and safety of other passengers and the crew.
- smoking is forbidden in the cabins.
- to have with you suitable shoes and outfit for the boat (it may be wet and slippery); bring mosquito repellent or your own mosquito net / sleeping bag if you wish. Although the houseboats are sheltered you may want to bring a raincoat for rain and a hat and sunblock to protect yourself from the sun.
- bring with you only the minimum necessary luggage; the boat cabins are not as spacious as a hotel room; therefore bring only the necessary personal items you will use in the course of the cruise. You may leave the remaining luggage, if any, in Pulau Banding or at the last hotel you checked out from.
- the boat will cater meals and breakfast as described in the itinerary schedule; alcohol is not served onboard and not recommended to bring; if you want to have extra food snacks or alcohol drinks you should bring by yourself.